Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Northwest Ribfest ~ "Dunk a Queen" fundraiser for Jamie Hilton-MIA 2009

One of our pageant sisters and beautiful friend, Jamie Hilton - Mrs. Idaho America 2009 suffered a tragic fall early in June that led to emergency brain surgery.  Her family had no medical insurance to help with expenses, thus her Mrs. Idaho America family came together to do fundraisers to help them alleviate some of the stress resulting from her accident.  We were fortunate to have a booth approved at the first annual Ribfest at the new Kleiner Park in Meridian.  We had former queens and local titleholders dunked for a wonderful cause in helping our friend, Jamie.  There is also a link set up to raise additional $ for her family if anyone can help monetarily with their expenses..see attached blog and link.
http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?fundraiser_id=3707&url=jamiehilton

Mandi (Mrs. Idaho America 2003 and Director) made up some cute shirts!
 With the local radio DJ
 Our booth with Sondra Lavoie (Mrs. Capital City 2011)
 Teresa Floto in the dunk tank.
 
 Thanks to Kim Mulkey (Mrs. Mountain Home)  for the many hours
spent at the booth that day
 One of my little dunkers...Cesar from Las Vegas!
 Signing my autograph cards between dunks.  I don't think
my hair was dry for the 2 1/2 hrs I was there!  
 This little guy was my first dunk of the afternoon!
 Mr. Idaho monitored the dunk lever so noone would just
sneak over and push it.  However for some reason, it would dunk me
even when it wasn't hit....WEIRD!!
 Future Mrs. Idaho America!

 My last dunk of the day.
He happened to be one of my daughter, Ashley's friends.
 Another future princess and queen!
 So many creative people in Idaho! 
This booth was selling hula hoops made out of PVC tubing. 
 They were all different sizes and with colored tape. 
 I had to test it!  Then took one home with me to
help with my AB training for Mrs. America!!
Here is link to their page:

No comments:

Post a Comment